Background. Changes in the system of exemption from criminal responsibility and punishment of persons who committed a crime, the need for the principle of humanity necessitates studying the current Russian criminal law. One of the traditional and at the same time the actual problems in the system of application of the Criminal Code is the issue of the use of different types of grounds for exemption from criminal liability. The purpose of the work is to analyze active repentance of people as a means of implementing the principle of humanism and the reason to apply the provisions of Art. 75 of the Criminal Code, as well as to determine the importance of addressing problematic relationship norms of general and specific parts of the Criminal Code.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented on the basis of the analysis of the norms of the current Russian criminal law. A special place in this study is occupied by the Criminal Code, the resolution of the Plenum of the Supreme Court on 27/06/2013 number 19 “On application of the law courts, regulatory grounds and procedures for exemption from criminal liability”. The methodological potential included methods of comparative law and complex analysis that allowed to compare the content and value bases of various kinds of exemption from criminal responsibility, in particular, active repentance of people as a means of implementing the principle of humanism.
Results. The author investigated the question of active repentance as the grounds for exemption from criminal liability and as a means of implementing the principle of humanism, analyzed the application of reason to the provisions of Art. 75 of the Criminal Code, considered problematic relationship norms general and specific parts of the Criminal Code.
Conclusions. The study of the existing penal laws allows to understand the reasons, the grounds and the content of active repentance, to explore legal problems of application of the reason to different types of exemption from criminal responsibility, namel,y active repentance as the basis for releasing people from criminal responsibility and as a means of implementing the principle of humanism, to take into account the criminal law and law enforcement practices in order to eliminate the existing contradictions.
1. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian newspaper]. 2015, no. 275 (4 Dec.).
2. Knyaz'kov A. A. Zakony Rossii: opyt, analiz, praktika [Russian laws: experience, analysis, practice]. 2013, no. 8, pp. 55–60.
3. Korobov P. V. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [The joural of the Russian law]. 2011, no. 9, pp. 49–56.
4. Kibal'nik A. Rossiyskaya yustitsiya [Russian justice]. 2000, no. 8, pp. 34–35.
5. Magomedov A. A. Ugolovnaya otvetstvennost' i osvobozhdenie ot nee: evolyutsiya pravovykh vozzreniy i sovremennost': avtoref. dis. d-ra yurid. nauk [Criminal responsibility and exemption: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of juridical sciences]. Moscow, 1998.
6. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian newspaper]. 2013, no. 145 (5 Jul.).
7. Sverchkov V. V. Gosudarstvo i pravo [State and law]. 1999, no. 12, p. 56.
8. Sverchkov V. V. Yuridicheskaya tekhnika i voprosy differentsiatsii otvetstvennosti v ugolovnom prave i protsesse [Juridical technique and problems of responsibility differentiation in criminal law and procedures]. Yaroslavl, 1998.
9. Solov'ev R. Ugolovnoe pravo [Criminal law]. 2001, no. 1, p. 41.
10. Dyadyun K. V. Leningradskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal [Leningrad juridical journal]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 156–168.
11. Dyadyun K. V. Rossiyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal [Russian juridical journla]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 28–38.
12. Sorokin V. P. Yuridicheskiy mir [Juridical world]. 2012, no. 4, pp. 32–34.
13. Klenova T. V. Printsipy ugolovnogo prava i printsipy kodifikatsii v ugolovnom prave [Criminal law principles and codification principles in criminal law]. Moscow, 1999.
14. Boyko A. I. Nravstvenno-religioznye osnovy ugolovnogo prava [Moral and religious bases of criminal law]. Rostov-on-Don, 2007, p. 157.
15. Epikhin A. Yu. Vestnik Udmurtskogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i pravo [Bulletin of Udmurtia university. Series: Economics and law]. 2012, no. 2–3, pp. 140–145.
16. Kommentariy k Ugolovnomu kodeksu Rossiyskoy Federatsii (postateynyy) [Comments to the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (paragraph-by-paragraph)]. Ed. by V. M. Lebedev. 13th ed., repr. Moscow: Yurayt, 2013.
17. Rakhmanova E. N. Advokatskaya praktika [Legal practice]. 2015, no. 1, pp. 34–39.
18. Mal'tsev V. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Pravovedenie [University proceedings. Jurisprudence]. 1995, no. 2, p. 100.
19. Chechel' G. I. Obshchestvo i pravo [Society and law]. 2011, no. 3, pp. 180–185.
20. Sukhareva N. D. Rossiyskiy sud'ya [The Russian judge]. 2005, no. 5.